THE THIRD ANNUAL LATINO COMICS EXPO
The Latino Comics Expo, the nation’s first convention focusing on Latino creators and Latino-themed subject matter, returns for its third consecutive year at the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco, on Saturday, June 1 and Sunday, June 2, 2013.
Co-founded by Ricardo Padilla and Javier Hernandez to provide a showcase for Latino creators and others to share their work with the public, the Expo seeks to share the Latino-American experience through the diversity of the artists and their works through published comics, webcomics, graphic novels and other visual mediums.
At the June 1 event, Mario Hernandez (Love and Rockets) will highlight an all-star line-up of artists and writers including Rafael Navarro (Sonambulo), Octavio Rodriguez (Pixar), Gabrielle Gamboa (Miss Lonelyhearts) , Liz Mayorga (Spunky Cat Comix), Javier Hernandez (El Muerto), Jose Cabrera (Crying Macho Man), Daniel Parada (Zotz), Crystal Gonzalez (In the Dark), Jaime Crespo (Tortilla), Grasiela Rodriguez (Spadra) and many others.
PANELS AND WORKSHOPS!
A special attraction this year are a variety of panels being offered to the public, including Professor Frederick Aldama (Your Brain on Latino Comics), who will discuss his new book Multimediated Latinos: Film, Television, Web, Comics and Latinos in the 21st Century. Filmmaker Jim Lujan, recipient of this year’s Bill Plympton Award for Indie Animation, will make his first appearance at the Expo, screening a selection of his animated films. For creative individuals seeking to produce their own work, Nathan Sabri and Jacob Kaufman, lawyers with the firm Morrison & Foerster, will lead a panel and answer questions regarding Intellectual Property and Copyright Law. There will also be a workshop for kids, where participants create their own comics.
This Year’s Latino Comics Expo is Dedicated to the Memory & Spirit of Spain Rodriguez, who passed away last year, and who was kind enough to participate in our 2012 Expo.
All events are open to the public and are included with paid admission to the Cartoon Art Museum at 655 Mission Street, near Yerba Buena Gardens between New Montgomery and Third Street in San Francisco. Come join us!
- houseoforange likes this
- celodebel likes this
- pritheworld reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum and added:
- sorrysnail likes this
- megzhill likes this
- themoreithinkthelestiknow reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- themoreithinkthelestiknow likes this
- tttjonny likes this
- micasuxxx likes this
- cunningcunt likes this
- garishvakarian reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum and added:
- garishvakarian likes this
- milesuenos reblogged this from iezinefest
- iezinefest reblogged this from gamma3828
- gamma3828 reblogged this from fantagraphics
- milanjeftic1992 reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- mysticeden reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- coinjaguar reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- canadianlyndsey reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum and added:
- felipe5horas likes this
- devan-in-a-hurry likes this
- kansai-university-osaka-kirin-jp reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- kansai-university-osaka-kirin-jp likes this
- thighabetic reblogged this from femmedunoir and added:
- femmedunoir reblogged this from aquapunk
- aquapunk reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- givemypoorheartease likes this
- mzmew reblogged this from fantagraphics
- probablyatumor likes this
- theghostofjanbrady likes this
- sergethemerge likes this
- uniquely-ilse likes this
- rhaegarasoif likes this
- lovelypixel likes this
- thevampjane reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum and added:
- lordsekhmet reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- lordsekhmet likes this
- alexdulac likes this
- breenache reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- xanderbyte likes this
- benboozer reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- alex-d-araiza likes this
- orano likes this
- irrelevantemente reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum
- dichotomoustessellations likes this
- j-sire reblogged this from abstrackafricana
- delimusic likes this
- abstrackafricana reblogged this from fantagraphics
- thetoya reblogged this from sfcartoonartmuseum